Liar Liar!!!

Last night I watched a Hollywood movie, “liar liar” in the TV channel Romedy Now. The movie is about a hotshot lawyer who loses his power of lying because his 5 year old son makes a wish on his birthday that “there was one full day where his dad could never tell a lie”. His day becomes miserable due to the fact he cannot lie. He even loses his job!!But in the end he realizes that the truth actually has set him free and feels the need to start a fresh lie without lying about anything. It is an old movie, and I have watched a couple of times. Being a Jim carry fan I find it fun to watch over again.

A thought hit me while watching the movie. Why do we humans lie? Why can’t we just say the truth all the time? Why is it so difficult to tell facts to everyone? On an average day I am sure a person comes up with at least 5 lies. It starts with a simple one as “The traffic was horrible, and that is why I could not make it on time”; and the next one is, you pick up the phone and say “I am 5 minutes away”, when you have practically not started. The more funny lines are the ones that you tell yourself to convince yourself such as “I am joining the gym tomorrow”; “I am going on a diet from tomorrow”. I am sure these sentences must ring a bell to you!



There is a constant need and desire to impress others. We are scared that when we talk the truth, we may be deserted by the people around. We also find it convenient to say lies rather work around explaining the truth. For example, when you hang out with friends and the majority of them comment on a person or a thing that they feel is extremely beautiful and ornate; you smile and say “Oh yes! It looks lovely”, although at heart you feel its utter rubbish. I think our psychology or emotions are triggered to lie on two simple things: first, to fulfill the sense of belonging in the crowd, and second to comfort people and avoid arguments.

Well, hypothetically if there was a day where we could not tell a lie, I am sure the world would turn out to be in pandemonium. You would end up telling your boss he is an idiot ad get fired ;).Every one of us would have their fair part of lying on a daily basis. Please share your most hilarious experiences of lying to someone and how you felt about it at a later point of time. Also share your views about the article. Thank you :)






Comments

  1. True True True!! And loved this one "You would end up telling your boss he is an idiot ad get fired ;)". It has indeed become a part of me without my conscious..!
    Lovely post! Keep blogging..

    And indeed I have started blogging in the same blog of gowtham's on food "http://creatikaa.blogspot.in/"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks da!!Oh wow!! that is great..Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! :)

    'There is a constant need and desire to impress others.'
    So true..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true!! Lying has become a part of our life like food ..without it I am sure kost people cant live.. One day if anyone challenges to be without telling any lies..it will be like leaving someone blind fold inside forest.. When I was doing my second year MBA..we girls went for a movie telling a lie to our sir that its one of my friends sisters engagement and we maintained it for the whole year telling she got married..shes pregnant etc.. That wasa fun moment :).. And your article will leave a thought on many ppl mind..keep blogging..

    ReplyDelete
  5. To my concern, there are two different types of LIE; sweet lie and harsh lie. Former is essential for a healthy relationship and the latter is required for a healthy worklife. It becomes a part in our life as we proceed ;-) Good post. Keep writing and happy blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs that you are in a good relationship!!

Wanderlust #01 – Phi Phi Islands and James Bond Islands - Phuket - Thailand

Boys Don’t Cook!!!