Count your Blessings :)

Imagine that, while you were in your shower, soap went into your eyes! The next second you close your eyes, and then you try to wash your eyes with water. You would have remained in dark for the next few seconds, reaching your hands out just hoping that you would hit the shower knob or a mug of water. Well, if you had your luck with you, then your eyes would be fine in a few min, or sometimes it takes longer to become perfect.
          Now, imagine how life could be if you had to deal with everything, just the way you did in those few minutes you lost sight. Sounds difficult right? That’s how the visually challenged people live all over the world. I wonder what a blind person would answer if I asked him/her what colors are? I assume they would have a definition for it, but that was no way going to be somewhere equivalent to what we know about colors. How do they see life? How do they know what comes right in front of their eye? How do they even survive in this chaotic “survival of the fittest” world?
          Fortunately, these people do not think the way I think. I have met so many blind people in my life, who just live life normally without having to question about anything around them. They go to school, college, and also work. They manage to live all by themselves. They make their own food, walk alone on the roads, and meet people. In fact I am amazed when I see blind people having profound knowledge in computers, which is completely a visual medium.
          This is when I feel abashed about myself. Should not we be learning something from them? God has given us all the good health and love around us, and yet we keep complaining for the pettiest things in life. We are never content with what we have, and there is a persistent thought lingering in our brains “I wish I had moreL”. We must learn to love life the way it comes to us, and make use of every minute of it in a happy way. Right this minute I thank god for giving me such a beautiful life with all the comfort. I am blessed with good health, loving people and a delightful lifestyle.
          I also pray to god that there are no more blind people born in the world and that the already existing ones brave through life just like every other normal person. And for anyone who is reading this, if there is something you could do to help a blind person, kindly contact the nearest blind school in your locality and do the needful.

Comments

  1. sooo true chels ... we are having such a wonderful life but still we keep complaining on every petty thing. And we feel, the problems we face in our life are the biggest.

    One More point: People, money is not the only way they need help. They need someone to care, support, guide, share their thoughts and many more. So, you can help them in any way you wish to :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs that you are in a good relationship!!

Wanderlust #01 – Phi Phi Islands and James Bond Islands - Phuket - Thailand

Life