What would you do, If....??

Hello, there. Thanks, for taking the time to read this post. I am positive you will love it!

OK, this is how it goes.  This post is simple, funny, motivating, (at least I say so ;)). I figured that in the vast world out there; many people are confused, anxious, and blase about their life. (Don’t ask me how I figured; I have some connection with ‘greater power of the universe’)Just kidding! I have a few of people I know; who feel this way, and I too feel it sometimes.

So this post is more like a DIY. Not exactly a craft idea, but something to think about. Imagine that you were gifted any one of the following: A Magic Wand, A Genie, A Magic Switch, or A Time Machine. Let me guess. I can hear wishes already. (Costly car, palatial bungalow, trip around the world... Oh god! How did I forget the latest iPhone??) Now, sorry to interrupt, but let me explain the property of these imaginary things. They give you the power to go back 3 to 4 years of your life. Just one Wish and there you go in a Swish! It could apply to any one from a teenager, mom, successful business person, age old person and so on.

I read in a famous blog by Bonnie Ware (she was a nurse) that most people have a lot of regret during their last few days of their death. Hence I decided to grant you a wish to go back 3 or 4 years of your life. (Before you continue reading; I must say that the purpose of this post is not to make you feel bad. Instead bring out those small skills, desires and passion in you; so that you can rekindle and work on them now.)

What would you do? What would you change? How will you want to lead your life from that point? Started thinking already? For those of you who would say, “I am totally cool now! I don’t need to go back”.  I would suggest that you take some time and think. There might me some tiny little things that you would have missed.

You would want to be a different person with a different personality, choose a different career path, learn that particular art that you always wanted to do, buy a different car, choose different friends, and change your relationships (partied more ;)). Also there are certain decisions that you feel you should not have taken. I should not have moved into this place, I should not have bought this particular piece of furniture, I should not have agreed to what he or she said. The list goes on. Make a note of those things and give it some time to dwell into you.

 You could always start fresh. Better late than never right! If you think that, given a chance to go back, you would have started your singing classes, consider joining one now. It would definitely help you soothe your soul. Work on your list and reflect within yourself about the changes you could bring in now in your life. As the famous adage goes “If we wait until we are ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives”.


Please give your feedback on implementing this exercise. Also if you came up with anything interesting and humorous on your list, please share it with us. Thank you :)

Comments

  1. Very True! Regretting over things is never a solution.
    Enjoyed reading..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! :)

    “You could always start fresh. Better late than never right!”

    Touché.
    I think its time to turn my regrets into positive thoughts and work towards creating opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be a never-ending exercise. I changed my career when everyone else (including so called close friends) thought I shouldn't even dream of taking such a step. But I did it risking everything I got at that point of time...Eventually, the effort paid off, and today I am where I am because I believed in it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs that you are in a good relationship!!

Wanderlust #01 – Phi Phi Islands and James Bond Islands - Phuket - Thailand

Life